Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Day 11, Cleansing

Today is the second day of a two-day cleanse. I had a doctor's appointment with my endocrinologist (long overdue to check the nodules on my thyroid). Anyway, I didn't have enough snacks to tide me over until I got back home (they ended up doing a sonogram and blood work on-site, which was nice*). So I felt some hunger but because I didn't have my snacks. Having something every 1-1/2 hour is what works so I don't feel hungry.

My husband made my favorite meat sauce yesterday so tonight the family had that with whole grain rotini pasta. I was really wishing it wasn't my fast day because I LOVE that but there is some left so I'll have it tomorrow.

Tomorrow I get to weigh and measure myself again!

*Aside: I hadn't had a scan on my nodules since June of 2008 and it's supposed to be scanned at least once a year (bad Debbie). They saw that one of them was 2 centimeters so they want to biopsy. It's not a big deal, I've had these for about 7 years and the Dr have always said they are not cancerous but want to check as a precaution (a first cousin had thyroid cancer so that was a consideration) - the biopsy is scheduled for Dec 22

No comments:

Post a Comment