Monday, October 12, 2009

Have I actually found a healthy way to lose weight?

Although I am always trying to lose weight, I wasn't necessarily looking for a new diet or program... I am pretty knowledgeable about food and nutrition and know how to lose weight but just felt I wasn't trying hard enough. Although I totally gave up sugar (including sugar substitutes) over a year ago, it hasn't been enough to sustain weight loss.

I was a size 6-8 in high school (trying to get down to a size 4) but after I got married I gained weight steadily to the point that I am 100lbs more than when I got married 21 years ago!

At my annual GYN appointment last week my doctor mentioned that a few of her patients were losing weight with Mediafast. So at the check-out desk I asked the receptionist if she knew where they sold it. She and the other receptionist told me they tried it and didn't like the taste at ALL. They mentioned that one of the nurses there was using a program that had great results and asked if I wanted to talk to her (of course I did!). Lisa explained that she liked the Isagenix Cleanse program and said I could find out more about it by calling a Dr. that lived near me.

Right when I went home I started searching for information on the Internet about Isagenix. At first I was a little disappointed to see that the product is distributed by network marketing - was this for real or was it a scam? I have a history of market research so I spent a few hours looking at all types of sites. I read some of the info on direct marketing but since my goal is losing weight and not adding another "to do" on my list, I concentrated on the weight loss reviews. I was relieved to see many, many links to stories about how Isagenix really worked to help people feel better and lose weight. came away with a very positive feeling about the company and its products.

I met with "Dr. J." (Jeffrey Beury) at his Chatham chiropractic office on Thursday, Oct. 8th. Once I told the receptionist the purpose of my visit she told me she has been using Isagenix and lost 40lbs (or thereabout). Then a woman came out who I recognized as the mother of one of my daughter's classmates. She looked great and after small talk about her daughter's new school, I found out she was using Isagenix too.

I really liked Dr. J. - he told me about the success he (and his parents and some patients) had with the Isagenix products and about the philosophy of the company. The products are rich in nutrients and minerals and the cleanse rids your body of toxins (NOT the kind of cleanse where you are in the bathroom all day). Best of all, he is going to be my coach through this journey and I am feeling so confident that I decided to chronicle my weight loss journey as I lose 100lbs over the next 12 months (yes, I am that optimistic -- if I follow the plan I know it will work)!

No comments:

Post a Comment