Monday, February 8, 2010

Superbowl Sunday - and the winner is...

I feel like I've won the Superbowl (of health) with Isagenix products because I am 100% confident I will be able to keep this weight off for good!  At the end of this winter most of what I own will be given to good will.

I started out Superbowl Sun. with a shake of course then grabbed my bottle of water, an apple and an Isagenix Chocolate Peanut Crunch bar (the best bar on the market!) as I was running errands.  On the way home I stopped at Hannaford to get food to make for the big game. I really felt like having some of my favorite tortilla chips (pictured here). I haven't had them in a few months so I splurged (both on calories and because they are $5.19/bag!). But they are in a different league than Tostados. I also bought some guacamole (in 100 calorie paks).

I portioned out some chips in a bowl (eating from the bag is a bad thing I don't do anymore).  It was enjoyable (the gucamole probably more than the chips) but not as good as I anticipated it would be. Then I made an orange beef stir-fry for dinner.  So I know my 400-600 meal was way more than that!

BUT, the great thing is that it's Monday morning and I had my shake and I am back in control. In the past one "bad" day would lead to another, would lead to another...  Now I have products that are healthy and readily available and that satisfy me.  That half-empty bag of chips is downstairs now in my cupboard but it's not an issue. On other "diets,"  people will try to severly restrict their calories today to make up for the day before, only to find them-selves eating those chips later that night. The shakes, the healthy snacks at regular intervals and the water is the secret to avoid binge eating. 

No comments:

Post a Comment