Sunday, August 29, 2010

I Won 2nd Place In the 2010 IsaBody Challenge!

Celebration was FANTASTIC and not just because I was a finalist in the IsaBody Challenge!  I came in 2nd place (winning $2,000 cash plus the free trip to Celebration in San Diego). Here I am on stage when it was announced. Oralia won the $5,000 (I am happy for her, she lost 127lbs since she started the challenge, avoiding gastric bypass).

Nancy, my best friend from college, and her friend (now my friend Jeannine) all went and we had a blast. We met up with Dale, Dr J, Dave and lots of other friends from the Albany area. There were so many inspirational stories - here is one you HAVE TO WATCH, it is an amazing story about the transformation of a young woman, Angela Lovelace, with Down Syndrome. Angela was at Celebration and I was so impressed by her love of life.

I am already planning on attending the 2011 Celebration (again scheduled for San Diego) and am going to bring my whole family as there is so much to do out there (Legoland, SeaWorld, even Disney).

There is just too much to post here but I am even MORE excited about growing a business with this company. Lots of new products were introduced with some more blockbusters planned for the future!

Best of all, I got to meet and talk to John Anderson (I just couldn't believe I was standing next to him - the genius who formulated the first Isagenix products).  I am pictured here with Dale (my walking buddy and mentor) and Jeannine (my new friend from Long Island).  So much to tell, we actually sat with Dr Paul Anderson, the person who formulated my favorite IsaDelight dark chocolates (no relation to John Anderson). These people are my celebrity crushes because they are incredibly smart and have changed thousands of peoples' lives (including mine).

6 comments:

  1. So PROUD of you!!!! What an amazing journey...and you're not even done yet! Hoping that your win will inspire me to get serious about my weight loss for a change.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! I found your blog in doing an isagenix search and it is SO motivating...thank you so much for sharing your success! You look amazing and you have done such a consistently good job. Do you mind posting your typical day of eating when you are doing a 2 shake day? Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kate, nice to hear from you. Here is what a typical shake day is like (during weight loss phase):
    Overall rules I follow:
    1. I always start my day with the 1oz of Ionix followed by 16oz of cold water
    2. IsaLean Shake (my favorite now is Vanilla with orange WME and lots of ice). I make it in a large blender if I have time - I love the taste so I don't mind if it's more watered down.
    3. In between breakfast and lunch I try to eat something every 2 hrs (almonds, a small apple, walnuts + dried apricots or IsaSnack wafers). The reco is to eat about 40-50 calories every two hours. If I am busy and go more than two hours I will have bigger snacks.
    4. Lunch - another shake (I eat dinner with my family so I usually do the 2nd shake for lunch instead of for dinner). If you do your bigger meal at lunch you will lose more quickly but I eat my dinners before 6pm so not too late. Sometimes I will eat my larger meal at lunch time but not often.
    5. More snacks in the afternoon (I have a snack list I give people for ideas). I love to have an IsaDelight in the afternoon - I break into four pieces while still in the wrapper then let them melt in my mouth one at a time.
    6. Dinner is what I am feeding my family - we all eat the same thing. I make the food myself (don't buy processed meals), the food is relatively healthy. I always try to eat salads to help fill up. A typical meal would be bbq chicken breasts with rice pilaf and green beens or pasta and meatballs (yes) and salad. I try to get them to eat the pasta with more fiber. Portion size is key -- vegetables are helpful to fill up with less calories.
    7. evening, small snack but usually just another IsaDelight around 10pm - if I feel hungry I would have 1/2 a shake
    8. IsaFlush at night or I also love to put a scoop of FiberPro + WME in my water bottle
    9. MOST IMPORTANT!! I faithfully drink MORE than 1/2 my body weight in ounces of water everyday!
    Other Products: I used the Accellerators a lot in the beginning but haven't lately. I am now taking the IsaOmegas and will take them forever.
    I also bought some IsaPro to add to shakes because the extra protein is good for weight loss and it makes you feel fuller. I also like lots of the other products but the ones mentioned here are core ones. I started with a 30-day kit but did two cleanse days the first week and two the second week (like a 9-day).

    Let me know if you want more info, I can talk to you on the phone. If you are serious about getting healthier then try this! It works and just know that they have a 30-day money back guarantee. Anyone who sincerely uses the products will NOT be sending them back LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you SO much for this invaluable information! It was so sweet of you to take the time to type this all up, it is a lot and it is so helpful-thank you!! I just wanted to ask...even though I am sure I know the answer...but isagenix is a more balanced way to lose weight than to just cut out the junk food and choosing healthy food right?

    I am thinking that I will get healthier and more balanced nutrition in choosing weight loss through isagenix than I would going about it the way I have in the past(eating very few calories, but choosing good foods). I also think it might be easier to keep the weight off by doing isagenix. The shakes and all of the products seem very balanced to me. Does that make sense?

    Thank you again!!

    Thank you again so much!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kate, you are absolutely correct - I actually cut out ALL sugar and sugar substitutes a year prior to Isagenix and only lost 15lbs (couldn't lose any more).
    It sounds like you are carefully considering this so that is smart of you. I recommend that you take the time to listen to this audio, it explains a lot:
    http://www.isagenixpodcast.com/2010/02/the-science-behind-cleansing/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much! You have been so helpful, you are an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete