Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Countdown to Celebration/IsaBody Finals - time for new lip stick

I am in RI now at my mom's house while my kids are in camp. I got back on track with a shake day on Monday (all shakes and raw food as snacks) then I did a cleanse day yesterday while I was shopping. On my mom's scale it showed I lost 4.5lbs this morning (since Monday).  I am not celebrating yet because I will have to see it on my own scale to believe it.

I am in the IsaBody Challenge Finals (click on the W 35-49 to see my before and after photos).  Isagenix is flying me and a friend (Nancy - a college friend from F.I.T. who also loves Isagenix and what it has done for her and her family) to San Diego on Aug. 20. The next day I am getting my official "after" photos taken by a photographer and filming later in the day. Since I basically just wear cherry Chapstick and no make-up I knew it was time to get some professional help.

There was only one place I even considered going for make-up advice - the MAC counter at Nordstrom.  Here is a photo of all the lipstick choices - insane, right?  Just seeing this makes me anxious - there is NO WAY I could EVER choose a lip stick on my own, much less the right shade of foundation. But I knew that 1. MAC is a company that has something for everyone; 2. MAC-trained girls love make-up and are some of the the best at what they do and 3. Nordstrom's superior customer service would mean that I was going to get the help I needed! 

Maria, my MAC make-up artist at Nordstrom
I was not disappointed! Maria, pictured here with me, was fantastic and was soooo patient with me. Whenever I put on lipstick with any color I just think I look like a clown. But she didn't give up on me and it turned out her very first choice - Viva Glam V - was right-on, all it needed was a liner. Then she helped me with a foundation. I am using the IsaDermix line now and LOVE it but my skin tone is uneven from being in the sun so I wanted some light foundation to even it out. Then she completed the look with eye make-up. I probably don't look like I have any make-up on in this photo, which is OK because I still want to look natural.

I love meeting people who are great at what they do (like Maria) - she knew her products inside and out and she wanted me to be happy with the end result!  It is clear to me that people get best results when they have caring people helping them that know and love the products. That is what Isagenix is all about (except I don't have retail space at Nordstrom).  I had knowledgeable people there to guide me along with the products and now I am doing the same. I am inspired to achieve the level of knowledge and customer service of someone like Maria. This method of buying products (be it make-up or nutritional food) from someone who is passionate about the products and likes helping people beats purchasing stuff off-the-shelf  anytime!  Now it's on to find some new clothes...

No comments:

Post a Comment