Thursday, January 7, 2010

What is your PH Level?

I love finding out more about these products I'm taking, I know it's working but it's cool to find out about all the great things these products do. Dale L'Ecuyer is a women I've met through Dr. J. (coincidentally has a son in the same grade as my daughter) - she is really a guru on nutrition (20 years before she was introduced to Isagenix). Last night she gave an information talk to people wanting to find out more. One topic she spoke of was our bodies being acidic (caused by foods, drinks, lifestyle). 

The majority of Americans follow a very acidic diet. Alkalizing our body brings it back into a state of health and well being and lets us loose weight more easily. Guess what? Isagneix products are alkaline and using them will get you towards the 7.3-ish PH measure. There are lists of foods and drinks on the internet but you need to know about soda - very bad:
   Water             7.00 neutral
   Diet Coke      3.39
   Gatorade       2.95
   Battery acid   1.00

I bought some strips from CVS to test myself but was a bit disappointed because the there were only five colors which would mean PH levels of 2, 4, 6, 8 or 10 (2 being very acidic and 10 very alkaline). There wasn't even a 7. So I measured a 6, which is good but I would have liked a more precise way to measure in increments from 5.5 - 7.5. 

For anyone wanting to know more about how being acidic can make you sick and prevent weight loss, Dale has all the research including books written by a leading expert on the topic. We could do a three-way phone call and/or she can send you some information to read.

No comments:

Post a Comment