Monday, January 4, 2010

Dr Oz - Secrets of Weight Loss

Dieters like myself have heard it all before - I was so well versved on the science of dieting that I wasn't even "looking" for a new diet. I had already tried many of them (not the fad ones, like the cabbage soup etc.) and I basically knew what to do. It always boils down to cutting calories and/or increasing activity to burn calories.

Today on Dr Oz (love him), they kicked off 2010 with a diet show, of course.  Again, nothing I didn't already know (ban HFCS, simple sugars, white flour, saturated fat and trans fat - even my kids know that).  However, two "secrets" he shared are interesting:
1. get a weight loss pal (they find that people who have support do better)
2. shout it out (they recommend you tell everyone you know that you are trying to lose weight and get healthier - this makes you more accountable to yourself and others)

#1 is so true - doing something alone means it's easier to give up. Isagenix is great because there are so many people willing to help, inform and encourage. No one is alone doing this. The second tip was something I already knew (hence, the blog) but thought it was cool that they included that in their no fail diet. 

Dr. Oz has to find out about Isagenix, I know he would LOVE it!  Once I lose all my weight I'll submit my success story to them... you never know.

No comments:

Post a Comment