Sunday, January 24, 2010

Supersize Me - NOT!

Last week on the Dr Oz show his partner, Dr Roizen, showed what we should do with fast food as he used his SHOE to stomp on a hamburger! This show is just beggin' for a lawsuit.  Although I've had my share of fast food (the fat I'm now trying to lose), I have never taken our children to a McDonald's, Burger King, Wendy's etc.  My daughter went once with a friend to Wendy's and my son was taken to BK once by a family member - (you know who you are!).

I am not against burgers and fries in moderation, we make our own at home out of fresh ground angus beef and potatoes and splurge sometimes by going to Five Guys (the best!).  

My kids and I just watched the movie Supersize Me.  It is a documentary about a guy who eats breakfast, lunch and dinner for a month at McDonald's -- see what happens to him!  My kids couldn't believe what happened when they put the McDonald's french fries into a glass jar and waited 10 weeks (a bonus feature of the movie). You can watch the full feature film SUPERSIZE ME for FREE on hulu - click here.

I also had them watch the documentary Food Inc. a few months ago - a great look at where our food comes from.  No, it's not all documentaries in the Rapp household, our next movie in queue from Netflix is Indiana Jones.  

No comments:

Post a Comment