Monday, June 28, 2010

Aerial Adventure

My sister and her son came to visit me and my two children and today we went to Jiminy Peak's new Aerial Adventure Park.  We had a blast and I was so excited because in the past (76lbs ago) I would have been too big for the harnesses and probably wouldn't have attempted to walk on a tight-rope in the tree-tops.  Well today was great, I was faster and steadier than my nephew and two kids!  At one point everyone climbed down a ladder to avoid a really difficult rope tunnel. I knew I had to do it - plus, there was a fun zip line once I got through the tunnel.  I did it and I was really proud of myself and my kids were too!


Later on there was a really tricky vertical spider web for kids. All three kids were having a tough time doing it (falling repeatedly) and I really thought my son would give up (at one point he was practically in tears from frustration). Shame on me I was telling him to go try the rope ladders instead because he was good at them and I didn't want him to end the day feeling defeated after all he had accomplished.  Well, he decided to keep trying (not give up!) and I was so proud of him - they all made it up to the top.


It was a day of trying new things - somewhat scary and unfamiliar things - but this is what life is all about!  I LOVE to do things like this with my kids so they can learn that succeeding takes perseverance, overcoming obstacles/failures and never giving up!  I just kept telling them how proud I was of them for the efforts they made and I could see that the experiences today were life-changing. 
I wish they had allowed cameras on the course but we had to leave all our stuff in a locker at the base.  Thank goodness, because my sister and I go crazy with taking photos of the kids and we would have been calling them in the middle of a traverse to turn around and smile.  I went back later and took this photo of one of the cross-overs we did.

2 comments:

  1. I love being lighter and getting in shape and being stronger! You are doing great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Debbie, I read your ENTIRE blog and was SO inspired! Your blog is incredibly well written and well documented, and I hope to refer others to it!
    I've been with Isagenix for seven years (almost from the beginning) ~ and mine is a health story (see www.weightlosshalloffame.net, story #26). Isagenix changed my health, my finances, and my LIFE!
    Congratulations on your 76 lbs! Keep up the great work! I know you'll make 100!
    By the way, listen in tomorrow night (Wednesday June 30) at 6 PM Pacific to Tena Sadowski on our team who just met her 100 Pound Goal after hitting a plateau at 80 lbs. Her story is #188 on the above website. The number for the call is (212) 990-2300 PIN 9952#.
    You look INCREDIBLE!
    Deb Ewing

    ReplyDelete