Saturday, May 22, 2010

Prevention Magazine - Metabolism Boosters... need to break this plateau!

So I weigh myself on Saturday mornings and I am still STUCK at 71lbs.  I am not panicked but DO want to continue the weight loss to reach my goal of 100lbs!!

I saw a TODAY SHOW segment this week with Al Roker and someone from Prevention magazine spoke about 10 Diet Blunders that Slow Metabolism (especially for us older women as our metabolism naturally slows down as we age).

There is a link to watch this segment above or here is the list and you can also find more info on each item on the magazine's web site.  I reviewed each item to see how I am faring...

These are Prevention Magazine's list that SLOWS METABOLISM:
1. You don't eat enough - not a problem with Isagenix, it is NOT an ultra-low calorie diet
2. You avoid caffeine - I do avoid caffeine (the founder John Anderson has some research on this plus coffee is highly acidic) but I have stopped taking the Accelerator and that is a natural metabolism booster with green tea - much better and does have a tiny bit of caffeine*
3. Your carbs are white - I have already eliminated most white carbs
4. Your water is room temperature - I ALWAYS drink iced water, love it
5. Your food is covered with pesticides - YES! they've recognized a MAJOR cause of stubborn fat - they explain that Canadian researchers report that dieters with the most pollutants from pesticides (which are stored in fat cells) experience a greater than normal dip in metabolism as they lose weight and that pesticides can trigger weight gain. Isagenix is WAY ahead on all this, enter their Cleanse for Life.*
6. Your meal lacks protein - got that covered with the superior whey protein in the IsaLean shakes
7. Your diet needs to pump iron - my diet has iron so I am fine with this - let's also add to that resistance training (not doing that yet)*
8. You're missing this crucial vitamin - Vit D - I am already taking 1000iu each day
9. You've had one tipple too many - don't drink alcohol so that's not an issue
10. You're not getting enough dairy - they are talking about calcium, I've been trying to incorporate IsaCal into shakes (this strawberry powder is a little too sweet for me)*

*My action steps to bust this plateau:

  • start taking the Accelerators again (I did in the beginning but stopped), I already ordered them
  • I am due for another 2-day cleanse so my body has the chance to really release toxins from my fat (then the fat loss follows)
  • I will more consistently take the IsaCalcium
  • I will "pump iron"/add the weights for my upper body
  • plus, I recently spoke to Larry Fuchs Jr - the first person in the Isagenix 200lb club (he's kept it off for 6 years). I sought his advice and, too much to detail now, but is a very caring person and I appreciated the time he spent talking with me

1 comment: