Monday, May 17, 2010

7 Month Progress: 71 lbs and 66.5 inches

I have remained almost exactly the same this past month.  This puts me a little off-schedule to lose 100 pounds by August 17 but I haven't been this weight in about 20 years so I can understand the need for my body to just take a break.  I now look at food differently - as nutrition vs. a "fix" to cure stress, boredom, saddness, etc.  This book I bought (see last entry) is helping with the emotions behind eating (I'm halfway through and will report on it once I finish reading).

The great news this month is that I used my Isagenix VISA card to pay for a trip to NYC to see Wicked with my daughter. It was her birthday present and something we were both looking forward to (I wouldn't have been able to justify this expense without this extra stream of income).  I have not only helped myself get healthier but helped many other people and that is deeply gratifying. But the fact that the company compensates me to do this is icing on the cake! If everyone got paid each time we recommended something (a play, a restaurant, a new movie - we'd all be rich)!

As everyone already knows, Wicked is a mega-hit musical so make plans to see it if you haven't already.  But if you are ever in the city on a Saturday you MUST get tickets to attend the Wicked - Behind the Emerald Curtain tour (10am each Sat, LINK). It was GREAT - Sean McCourt and Anthony Galde are both veterans of the theatre and of Wicked and gave a very entertaining and insightful view of what goes in to making a show (doesn't matter if you've seen Wicked) - this is a look behind the curtain at all the other talents involved in putting on shows.   We are on our way to the theatre in this photo - luckily for the driver of this bike, I am 71 pounds lighter because of Isagenix!!

2 comments:

  1. Yea, Debbie! Sounds like a wonderful trip for you and your daughter! Don't get discouraged. I haven't lost any more weight in several months (partly due to my not sticking with the 30-day system and partly due to a plateau. It's so easy to get discouraged and forget how far we've come. This is not a race, but a transformation! Stay positive!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have just started Isagenix and have lost 12 pounds in the first 5 days and am really excited

    ReplyDelete