Thursday, May 13, 2010

Oprah's Dieting Breakthrough (aired May 12, 2010)

I HAD to watch this show when Oprah claimed in the promos that is was a miracle for people struggling with weight.  The main idea is to STOP dieting. People who eat when they are  hungry, sad, bored, anxious beat themselves up for not having the willpower. Emotional pain, anxiety and other uncomfortable feelings are soothed with food.  However, the food is a temporary drug and the feelings haven't gone away so there is a double-bad feeling which includes the guilt/regret of eating too much of the wrong foods.   

The author of Women, Food and God wrote a book that Oprah believes has helped her and will help others. People need to get to the root of why they are using food to suppress feelings. This is something I've done all my life (I remember a particularly stressful job at Premier Cruises when I would go to the vending maching and get huge chocolate muffins when things got too crazy). 

According to Oprah, the "God" part is not necessarily religious but has to do with a "disonnection from center of self" (God) as the reason for all problems.
What does STOP DIETING mean?  It means to eat to feed the body nutrition, not just "food" and think about food differently - thankfully that's what Isagenix is teaching me to do. The Isagenix food is pure nutrition - feeding my body the best food on earth (the basis of what eating is about)!  I also eat store bought food and I look at that in a different way now - again, more for nutritional value.

There is another key to all this... I truely believed that I had NO willpower, until I realized that it was certain foods (that had no nutritional value) that had the power over ME.  Put good food in your body and it won't crave junk food. CLEANSE to get rid of the toxins that your body is holding on to.  Listen to Dr Nicole Kafka (an attending surgeon at both Beth Israel Medical Center and Lennox Hill Hospital in New York City), she simply explains why cleansing is the key!

No comments:

Post a Comment