Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Day 19 - Down 19 lbs and feeling great!

I had a one-day cleanse yesterday and weighed myself this morning and was excited to see the scale drop again, I've now lost 19 pounds of fat! I didn't measure but I will do that at the end of a month on the program (Fri the 13th).  I can see that my clothes are continuing to feel looser and I have a lot of energy - even on my cleanse day, my son and I walked to the post office then to the town hall to vote.

I felt a little worried at first that after the bigger losses after cleansing I would gain some back on the shake days when I am eating meals but that hasn't happend, I've continued to loose weight - yeah!

Why the photo of the hamburger?  Well, on the days when I have two Isalean shakes as meal replacements I eat a sensible meal of 400-600 calories and twice we've had hamburgers for dinner (I gave up the high calorie cheese and had a salad with it), twice had pizza, also had meatloaf for dinner and the meat/tomato sauce which I love so it's not all broiled chicken.  We eat pretty healthy already (no fast food, no prepared foods, no transfat, or high fructose corn syrup) but we do eat red meat. I am increasingly disgusted about what I read about the beef industry and reading about people dying from tainted meat but am not ready to totally give it up. I only buy the angus beef because it tastes better.  The Isagenix healthy meal planner suggests only lean protein (chicken, fish) for the best results and while we do eat chicken and usually a green vegetable at every meal I am in this for the long haul and it's not realistic to think I can give up pizza and burgers forever, I am just being more sensible about portions.

No comments:

Post a Comment