Wednesday, January 25, 2012

1 week no sugar

I am pretty much out of the woods now... we had a catered box lunch at work which included a giant chocolate chip cookie from Panera! My favorite... one that I would go out of my way to buy.  I put the cookie aside then brought two home for my kids. The cookies were in my bag on the 40 min. ride home and I didn't even remember they were there (they weren't calling out to me). So this is how easy it is when sugar is out of my system. I just can't tell myself that it's ok to have one bite because I would have eaten the whole cookie, then another, then would be looking for more sugar for the rest of the day. It's highly addictive, see my post from 11/1/10 on the book The End of Overeating.

Gave up sugar on MLK day so it's been a solid week and I've lost 10lbs (granted this was pretty easy to do coming off a week of crazy eating). Need to schedule a two-day cleanse, my friend just finished hers and was positively glowing on Facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment