Saturday, March 3, 2012

The road to 100lbs continues...

Last post I was doing GREAT... then on my birthday - Feb. 1 (turned 51) - my colleagues at work got me a cake :(.  They knew of my struggles with sugar but had seen me eating the cookies etc. over the holidays and didn't realize I was "off sugar" again - not their fault. I guess I should have preemptively told them to skip the traditional cake. Anyway, I could have refused it but I didn't. It would have created an awkward situation and is just like me to be empathetic.

So, again proof that I can't just have a bite of something without going back in to a cycle of sugar fixes. I struggled most of Feb., having great days of healthy eating then slips of sugar. Getting bored of this? So am I!

sweet but deadly
A year ago I remember seeing people who had lost a lot of weight with Isagenix gain a lot back and I would just shake my head and say "what's wrong with them?" "How could they do that to themselves, that won't be me." Well it's always been true that it's easier to lose weight than keep it off and that is because when people go back to eating "regular food" that regular food is actually junk and keeps us craving the real stuff (reference Dr Oz's quote below).

So I haven't had sugar in five days... so help me God if I eat any sugar again I will be back writing the same BS. 


The solutions is simple: (Isagenix nutrition) + (7-8 hrs sleep) - (sugar and most grains) = weight loss. Yes, exercise if I have time but I've seen after months at the gym last year that for me it's the food that matters most.

3 comments:

  1. I feel every word you have written in this post. I have allowed myself to get derailed several times due to family celebrations, holidays and events that blindsided me. No excuses, I planned for some time off for the holidays but getting back on track took longer than expected once I allowed sugar and carbs (in excess) back in my diet. I should have been at my short term goal in late Jan/early Feb and here we are now in April and I have had to push my goal to May. At this rate, I will be using the Isagenix products for much longer than anticipated. Not that I mind, they are excellent products but it would be nice to get to goal weight and then focus on maintenance. Good luck to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  2. reposted to correct typos... Hi Deb, I can sympathize with you! The addictive nature of sugar makes it hard to just have a bit of something then go back to healthier eating -- it opens the floodgates. You know yourself, but if the same bad foods keep getting you off course you may have to totally eliminate them... easier said but I went without any sugar for 2-1/2 years and survived :)

    ReplyDelete