Thursday, September 23, 2010

11 Month Progress: 89 lbs and 83.25 inches!

What to do when your clothes get too big and you
have nothing to wear? I have been buying clothes at
Rotate - a local consignment shop. The tan linen pants,
brown vest and green henley only cost me $14 total! 
I don't want to spend too much on clothes because I'm
still losing weight :)  What to do with "fat" clothes?
Bring them to a consignment shop and make money!

So a lot happened in the last month - went to Celebration in San Diego, came home and immediately left on vacation to New Hampshire then enjoyed the last weeks of summer vacation before the kids started school. Lots of eating out and at other peoples' houses.

I am sad to see the summer go but am thrilled to be back on a schedule now that the kids are in school. We eat at home every night at roughly the same time (5:00-5:30) and it's just easier to eat healthy foods when I buy them vs. eating out or being at other people's houses.

I didn't lose much on the scale (although at times during the month I was down a few more pounds) but I lost inches and pants that didn't fit last month fit now. Plus I am exercising a lot more (building up muscle).

A friend and I both have about the same amount of weight to lose (35-40lbs) and we are doing it together so that is a lot of fun. We are going to weigh ourselves every Wednesday morning, which is after our Mon/Tues cleanse days (doing the modified cleanse... first day all shakes and small 50 calorie snacks in between and the second day all Cleanse for Life).

1 comment:

  1. I shop at consignment stores too. It's a great place to take all my outgrown clothes and it saves me money.

    ReplyDelete