Sunday, July 14, 2013

Doing great - no sugar or wheat since 5/28/13

I had previously gone without sugar for over two years and it wasn't as hard as it sounds once the cravings are gone. 

Now I have omitted sugar plus wheat and grains (still some legumes). The stuff I've deleted from my diet is white flour, wheat and processed foods so nothing that my body needs. In fact, it's all harmful stuff so I can see a longer, healthy life without it. I just hope I can undo the damage I did over the last 16 months.

This is what I ate today for lunch - so delish! It's just tomato, mozzarella, basil, balsamic vinegar, a little olive oil, Himalayan salt and pepper.

On July 23rd it will be 8 weeks and I'll weigh myself again. I found this cool blog with some great recipes that are sugar and grain free. Lauren is a young woman who was able to heal a bad digestive situation with healthy eating. http://empoweredsustenance.com/



 

No comments:

Post a Comment