Friday, January 2, 2015

A new year...


2015 is here and it is time to reflect on why I make bad eating choices despite knowing exactly what I need to do to be healthy. Besides the lure and addiction of sugar, there are emotional factors at play. It's not about vanity at this point in life, it's about treating my body well so it lasts a long time.

I previously surrounded myself with like-minded people who I saw several times per week, including going to the gym. Going back to work full time changed that.

To do:
1. Join my "IsaIsland" friends on Facebook for encouragement and do the cleanse with them starting Jan 5
2. "Mindfulness" seems to be a fad right now but I think it has merit and will be employing it more during my day
3. Do some soul searching

2 comments:

  1. I enjoyed reading your blog. I lost 28 lbs in 6 wks so far on Isagenix and I too have seem a slow down the 2nd month, your further success is providing the inspiration I am seeking. I am going to make the cut to eliminate the sugar vs limiting, I do notice the effect and success and lack of hunger when I stick to no sugar/no white flour etc. Thanks for sharing your story. I am close to my first goal to get below 200 (should be there next weigh in) Then my next goal is to push to get to 170 over the next 4-6 months. The side effect of the increased energy I feel is exhilarating, and a reason alone for me to make isagenix a permanent part of my life. Thanks for being a true real life inspiration and sharing both your success and setbacks. You are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Barbara, congratulations!! It is great to hear that the products are making you feel so much better. Just keep the long term goal in mind of improving your overall health and well-being. I struggle with stress eating but immediately feel the difference that this better nutrition makes! Let me know how you are progressing.

      Delete