Monday, October 25, 2010

12 Month Progress: 83 pounds and 85.5 inches!

It's now been 1 year and a few days that I've been taking this great nutrition!  I am not at my goal of 100lbs yet (and have actually gained 6 pounds since my 11 month progress) but I have done something really important to secure my future health. I have committed to working out three days per week at the gym.

I had started walking at the track with my friend Dale last May and we continued through the summer early fall. But then we had many days of rain and cold weather and decided to join a gym. Luckily we have a Planet Fitness nearby and the cost is only $10 per month (no contract). 

Now another friend, Dawna, has joined us and her transformation in the last month is unbelievable!  She went from intense pain all over her body and having a very hard time walking to now keep up with us at the gym - pain free! She still can't believe how good she feels. And now she and I are trying to lose the last pounds together. She is a great inspiration to me and reminds me why I love what I am doing by sharing this with people!!

We had a trainer come to the gym to help us put together a routine. We do 5 min of cardio warm up on the treadmill; 30 min of strength training (he showed us various things for arms, legs, abdomen); 20 min of good cardio then final stretch.  Vinny, our trainer, actually has an elaborate computer program which can customize menus, grocery lists (including Isagenix products) with the exercise factored in to help people reach their weekly weight loss goals. I am still doing my own menu planning right now but may consider it later. He can do this in person or on the phone so anyone that wants this level of help can get it in conjunction with their Isagenix nutrition.

I am not happy about the weight fluctuation but not at all worried -- my body is settling in to the new exercise routine and I did get hungrier in the beginning. As my work-outs have increased in intensity I am less hungry.


1 comment:

  1. So proud of you....undoubtedly you are building muscle too which will help you burn more calories in the long run. Plus, you are preserving bone strength and feeling like a million bucks I bet too! Keep up the great work and don't worry about the fluctuation!

    ReplyDelete