Friday, February 26, 2010

Diet Can Prevent Cancer

A quote from Dr Oz* -- "the food we eat may actually have the ability to turn on and off the genes that allow our cells to turn into cancer."  "Your diet can reduce your risk of cancer." 

His guest on the show, Dr. David Katz (founder of Yale University's Prevention and Research Center), said "If you eat optimally, at least 30 and as much as 60% of all cancer can be prevented... improves the health of cells, boosts immune system, better removes toxins from your body."

They talked about the value of GREENS - I have the Isagenix Greens but really havn't been taking them on a regular basis.  I am going to start working them into my daily schedule in addition to the greens I usually eat everyday (because I would never get the number of servings that's recommended).

* this show aired 2/24/10

No comments:

Post a Comment